Peace and all good! During this time of Advent a time when we mediate on the incarnation of God becoming one of us, it makes me stop and contemplate on this great mystery of God’s love for each of us. God shares in our daily lives asking us to create a world that is filled with faith, hope and love!
As I think of the many people who have lost loved ones this past year, I say this to each of you.
- Be good to yourself, be open to yourself as you grieve your loss
- Talk about your loved one, tell family and friends who they were to you
- Don’t be in a hurry to run away from the intensity of grief
- Grief is an emotion that gives us hope when we turn our vulnerability over to God
- God is always walking with you during this time of sadness
- During this holy season of Advent and Christmas it gives us a sense of awe, hope and a new future
- Spend time each day with your grief, name it, claim it and make it your own
- Make time for friends, family and leisure
- See yourself budding forth as the person God wants from you as His child
- Life mean new challenges, be open, be animated as our God reveals His love to you
As we continue to move towards new life, new hopes and new beginnings, let us never stop remembering those who made us who we are. May we never stop thinking and praying for those who helped us on our journey of life.
May the Christ Child and the love of God bring you a Merry Christmas!
Peace and all good,
Brother Ed Arambasich, OFM