As we continue to adjust to the restrictions for funeral services since the shutdowns that began in March, we have a resource available for families who are grieving the loss of a loved one during this pandemic. The grief booklet “Grieving Along & Together” has been created as a resource by the National Funeral Directors Association and the Funeral Service Foundation.
This booklet delves into the specific feelings and complications that are currently affecting grieving families. There are many factors that have complicated the grieving process for families as a result of the pandemic shutdowns.
- suffering the loss of a loved one when you cannot be at their side because of restrictions to visitors
- not being able to have all your friends and family together for a visitation or funeral
- feeling isolated because of the distancing and shutdown
Topics included in this booklet:
- Traumatic Loss (includes losing a loved one during this pandemic)
- Ambiguous Losses (you also experience non-death losses)
- Disenfranchised Grief
- Children (how to communicate, support and include them)
- Planning Services & Memorials (at a safe distance)
- Supporting your Health while Grieving
We have 100 printed copies of this booklet available. Please call or stop by our office to pick up a copy.
If you would like to read an electronic copy, please use the link below:to families and have an electric copy below that you can read online: