GIVE BACK is our way of engaging the online community in support of worthy organizations in the Quincy, Illinois area. We feel it is important to support our local community. As a small part of how we GIVE BACK to the Quincy community, we would like to have your suggestions on what organizations we should support.
Each month, Hansen-Spear Funeral Home will award $100 to the charity or non-profit that receives the most votes in the GIVE BACK contest. We are asking for your help in supporting our community. We hope that this effort will aid the charities that receive these donations as well as bring about awareness of the needs in our community.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Facebook Pages for Contest dates
2. NOMINATE your charity by posting a comment on the GIVE BACK post on our Facebook Page*
3. VOTE by LIKING the comment nominating your charity.
4. Share the contest on Facebook to gather support for your charity from your friends
5. WIN $100 for your charity by having the most votes at the end of the GIVE BACK Contest.
6. Charities are eligible to win once every 12 months.**
* Charities may only be nominated once per contest. If the charity you wish to support has already been nominated, please vote for that nomination as the duplication nomination and votes on the duplicate nomination will be disqualified.
** Charities that have won in the past 12 months are not eligible. For Example: if your charity won in January 2012, you are eligible again in January 2013.
GIVE BACK – $100 Award Recipients
THE GIVE BACK Contest will resume in November 2013. There will be some changes that will be announced soon. In the meantime, Visit or Facebook Page and LIKE Us to Help Support the Blessing Breast Center. We will Donate $1.00 to the Blessing Breast Center for each new fan through the end of October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
August 2013 - Six String Heroes
July 2013 - Triple Winners: Hayden Hoskins, Relay for Life (Jasmine Cobb), and Jill Reffett Family/Reece’s Rainbow
June 2013 - Contest Cancelled – look for a special contest in JULY
May 2013 - Emergency Disaster Services of the Salvation Army
April 2013 – Jakob Carle
March 2013 – Horizons Social Services
February 20132 - Special Olympics Polar Plunge – Team Mighty Plungers
January 2013 - Friends of Alan Madden
December 2012 - Jackson Weppler
November 2012 – Easton Superman Zanger
October 2012 – Hungry for Music
See Videos of these musicians:
September 2012 - Boy Scouts
August 2012 - Quincy K9 Connection
July 2012 - Advocacy Network for Children
June 2012 - Great River TEC
May 2012 – Fishing for Freedom
April 2012 – Relay for Life (Dancin’ for a Cure Team)
March 2012 - Six String Heroes of Quincy, Illinois
February 2012 (Round 2) - Miss Jenna’s Rainbow Event
February 2012 – Paw Pals
January 2012 – The Sammy Fund
Christmas 2011 - Alzheimer’s Association (Quincy Area Branch)
December 2011 – Western Elementary School (Barry, Illinois)
November 2011 - St. Dominic School